Saturday, August 28, 2010

Kevin Liles on Def Jam, 360 Deals, Trey Songz and Mentoring Young America


"I wanna build a entertainment company - not because I need to build it but because I have a lot of people that I wanna make rich. I have a lot of people that I wanna change their lives and I want to give them an opportunity that was given to me by Russell [Simmons] and Lyor - and build something special. So I have to go back in to do it...

"I'm gonna go back in for young America because I think it's needed, I think it's missing and the mentorship needs to be there."

Kevin Liles talks to SoulCulture TV about the ventures he's currently pursuing and reflects on his Def Jam days.

"I don't now how not to be everything to everybody" he says of his thorough involvement in artists' careers, before making a case for 360 deals as a reasonable return on record companies' extensive investment of time and money.

He also talks about how he became Trey Songz' manager and his plans for the future.

http://www.soulculture.co.uk

"I'm New Here" instrumental by Black Einstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment