Friday, January 21, 2011

Wiz Khalifa Talks Performing at Steelers Vs. Jets AFC Championship

This Sunday (January 23) Pittsburgh native Wiz Khalifa will entertain die-hard Steelers fans against the New York Jets with his hit anthem, “Black & Yellow” at Heinz Filed. 

“This is the closest to being a Steeler that I’m gonna get.” the Pittsburgh native said of the opportunity…

“It’s gonna be crazy man,” the 2010 XXL Freshman said in a statement on the event. “It’s gonna be really monumental to see everyone out there. Knowing where I grew up and everyone rockin’ in the same place. This is the closest to being a Steeler that I’m gonna get.”
The Steelers are urging excited fans to arrive to the AFC Championship Game against the New York Jets early in order to catch a live performance by several other Pittsburgh musicians including the Taylor Gang leader.
In addition to performing, the rapper has been given the honor of leading the fans in the Terrible Towel Twirl before kickoff. Currently, No. 5 on The Billboard Hot 100 chart, Wiz’s  “Black & Yellow” single has been purchased close to 1.5 million times, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
“I’ve always had that Pittsburgh pride,” he said of the song. “I just wanted to let people know where I’m from and represent any way I can and what better way than through our colors. I took that hometown pride and put it in a song.” —Nicole LoPresti

No comments:

Post a Comment