Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wiz Khalifa To Debut New Video Tomorrow; Explains 'Rolling Papers' Title

(AllHipHop News) Rapper Wiz Khalifa released a statement to AllHipHop.com to explain the concept behind his new album Rolling Papers, just hours after announcing the title via uStream earlier this morning (January 26th).

While the album is an obvious nod to his love for good marijuana, Wiz said that the album's title also had a deeper meaning since he no longer writes down the lyrics to his raps when he records.

"I quit writing a long time ago," Wiz told AllHipHop.com in a statement released this afternoon. "I stopped physically writing it down or putting it in my BlackBerry or iPhone. I write notes down, but I don't write whole verses, so it was like saying goodbye to the paper. The paper's rolling out too. So
everything is real natural."

The album features production by Jim Jonsin, Benny Blanco and Stargate, who produced Wiz' RIAA certified-platinum hit, "Black & Yellow."

To build buzz for Rolling Papers, Wiz is releasing a video-only track titled "On My Level" featuring Too Short tomorrow (January 27th) and will make an appearance on Lopez Tonight.

Although he doesn't write his lyrics down, Wiz said he was focused while recording the release.

"I paid the most attention to this sh*t when I did it. I was real focused," Wiz Khalifa said. "I was real keyed in on this sh*t when I was working on it
and I didn't use any paper, except for rolling papers."

Wiz Khalifa's Rolling Papers is due in stores on March 29th.
-Mike Winslow

No comments:

Post a Comment